Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dear Sir

Dear Sir,
I wish you could see that things are different now. I'm not who I was.

I used to blame you for everything that I was going through. Now I take the blame.

I'm sorry for being such a fool. But I'm moving on past all of that.

I know I'm the reason I'm alone. But it's how I want it.

I know who I want to be, I envision it, and I'm moving towards it one day at a time. Each day I grow stronger and past memories become more faint.

I'm sick of reaching for something when I know it will only bite back. I know how the story goes. I'm sick of repeating it.

But enough of that. I'm thinking about the future. I'm free. I am not bound to anything, and it brings me the greatest joy. My life is simple and uncomplicated. The only complications are those in my mind and they are gradually unravelling. I'm still far from where I want to be, but I'm doing good. I'm gonna be alright. In fact, I'm gonna be wonderful.

Sometimes I get angry. Sometimes I'm filled with regret and shame. Sometimes I cry. Sometimes I scream. But other times... Other times I smile.

Thank God I know who I am.

No comments: