Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Expectant Dreamer

God is absolutely amazing. I say that all the time, but I will never fully grasp the hugeness and bigness of His amazingness! haha There is so much freedom when we give our lives to Him. When we let things go-- situations, circumstances, control, thoughts, burdens-- there is so much freedom! We no longer have to worry about it! It's in His hands. I never get anywhere trying to accomplish things on my own. I get so mad and fustrated with myself. Sometimes I feel like I never learn anything and I want to leave myself! But God doesn't give up on me! He doesn't look at my past, my mistakes, or my future mistakes. He looks at me where I am right now and says, "I have faith in you. We can do this. Trust me." What a beautiful God...

I'm a dreamer. There are so many things that I want to do! So many dreams! I want to travel the world, I want to speak different languages, experience different cultures, love people, make a difference with my life, serve, give... I want to adopt kids, I want to live with only what I need and give the rest away, I want to rebel against the world and make them wonder... haha "O God, make me into the woman that you want me to be! Teach me and give me wisdom!"

"People are hungry for God. People are hungry for love. Are we aware of that? Do we know that? Do we see that? Do we have eyes to see? Quite often we look but we don’t see. We need to open our eyes and see."

"We must know that we have been created for greater things, not just to be a number in the world, not just to go for diplomas and degrees, this work and that work. We have been created in order to love and to be loved."
-Mother Teresa

No comments: