Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Glimmers

Yesterday I went to the post office to mail a book. I got a box, stepped in line, and began to package my book while waiting. I started to tape up the box, but I was having a little trouble. It probably didn't help that I had a sucker in my mouth. An elderly gentleman was behind me and stepped up to help me. He held the box while I taped. We got it all done and he complimented me on my skill... haha Then I got out my Sharpie to write the address on the box and realized that the address was on the packing slip INSIDE THE BOX! The man just laughed at me and opened the box with his pocket knife... I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box all the time, but moments like that just make me smile. Just to know that there are still such wonderful, kind, caring people out there who help simply because they can makes me so happy. We need to see these glimmers in the dark...

1 comment:

Adam Robinson said...

alex...sweet blog! i'm gonna try and get my xanga posts moved over to blogger...it just seems like a better put-together site! but yeah...i liked this. it's nice to see good people out there...