Saturday, June 28, 2008

Surrender

Living, trying to do things on your own, neglecting to spend time in God's Word, praying only out of necessity rather than desire, falling into distraction... That describes my life this past month. I've been trying to figure out why I've been in such terrible, depressed moods and all of the little rocks in my path seem so much bigger... And I realize why. It's because I haven't been seeking God like I should, I haven't been surrendering to him daily, asking Him to guide each day and each decision... Last night as I was talking to a friend, all of these things came out. We were about to watch a movie and instead we talked and then ended up praying together for about half an hour. It was exactly what I needed most. I just needed to talk to my God. He is so full of grace and patience that I can't even begin to understand. When all I want is to be held, He holds me. I so easily lose sight that He is all I need. He is all I need and more than enough. So this mornin' me and Jesus just chilled at the house. I dug into His Word, He redirected my focus, and showed me truth. Everyday, I am called to surrender to Him. When I fail to do so, that's when I slip and stumble. I'm so tired of being sick and tired... I need something new, something fresh... I know that God has so much more for me if only I will walk in obedience and submission to Him. He is so worthy of my everything. His ways are so much better than mine. His ways are perfect, without flaw. Oh, if only I would trust Him more... Sometimes I wonder if I will ever grow up; however, I know God has brought me so far even when I can't see it.

Philippians 1:6
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Philippians 3:12-14
Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments: