Thursday, July 31, 2008

Camp OutRAGE 2008

Youth camp was absolutely amazing! I had such an awesome time. This was my first year to go as a leader and God totally blew my mind! It far exceeded my expectations! I had an wonderful group of girls-- Sierra, Madison, Kaitlyn, and Katie. They are so beautiful and have such sweet spirit! I loved watching God work in their lives. Kaitlyn and Katie both gave their lives to Christ at the beginning of the week! God is so good! I had so much fun with them. God blessed me so much just to be a part of that week with them. I feel so unworthy to even be a leader, but I know God has placed me here for a reason. Every night at worship, God's presence could be felt so strongly. One night, with my eyes closed, I stopped singing and just listened to the sound of God's children worshipping. It was overwhelming. During worship while we were singing "Our God Reigns" I started thinking about the fact that God does reign and He will always reign over everything. Regardless of the world leaders, future presidents, or major events that take place in this world-- OUR GOD REIGNS!!! We don't have to worry or be anxious about what is to come because God is on His throne, He is in control, He is sovereign, He sees the big picture, and has a wonderfully crafted plan!

These are some notes from Ryan Fontenot's talk that really impacted me:

Is Jesus worth it?

  • Your life?

  • Your love?

  • Your loyalty?

  • Your hopes?

  • Your dreams?

  • Your future?

Is He worth your today, tomorrow, next year, college career, job, social life, every moment?

Matt. 16:24-27 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds."

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

No comments: