Thursday, June 5, 2008

This is going to be random.

So far, this summer has been good. I'm a little sad that I'm not going out of the country, but I'll make it... I may be going to Poland in the fall, so hopefully that will work out. Just a little note here: Girls are stupid. Most of the battles we fight are in our heads and a lot of it is based on presumptions. We over analyze everything. Or at least I do... I think constantly. Sometimes I just wish my mind could rest. I guess that's why I sleep. Anyhow, I started writing an autobiography. I haven't gotten that far, but I'm excited. I'm going to insert my journal entries into it. I'm sure it will take a while to finish and I don't know if I'll share it with people. It's mainly for me. So... I'm definitely going to experience some different things this summer. I won't say specifically what they are, but it's going to be fun and stretching at the same time. I'm tired of being in a bubble and I want to break out. I long to love and serve. I'm tired of the same routine.

Yesterday I found out something that made me so happy. A while back, a couple that had been married for 10 years had a big disagreement, separated, and planned to get a divorce. Every month I would see each of them separately. They are both sweet people and after I would see one of them I would always say that I just wished things could have worked out. I think that they would be so good together. Well, yesterday I saw the man and we were talking. He said that he had just gotten back from a week of traveling out west. When asked who he went with, he said "with a little lady." Then I asked who the "little lady" was. He replied, "the one I'm married to." I was like, "oh boy..." and then he said that he and his wife had never gotten a divorce. He jokingly said that they just never could afford it. He said things are going to work out and that love is an awesome thing. It absolutely made my day! I just love happy endings! That's how things are supposed to work out... Couples are supposed to last forever, work through problems and disagreements, and love selflessly. They are supposed to grow old together. I know it's not a perfect world, but that was an amazing glimer of hope.

No comments: