Friday, January 1, 2010

A Beautiful Year

Once again, another year passes... So much can happen in a year. Two thousand nine was so full. There was good, bad, old, and new... I have changed so much in one year. I am so ready for this new year. I need a fresh start. I can't wait to see where the Lord takes me this year! It's easy to dwell on all of the things I didn't do in 2009, failures, struggles, pains, and mistakes. However, I'm looking ahead! I will learn from the past, move on, and look with bright expectation on the future! There are so many things to be appreciated and cherished from 2009 as well. I will take these things to heart and look forward to the future. As C.S. Lewis said, "There are better things ahead than any we leave behind."

Philippians 3:12-14

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus. Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

No comments: