Sunday, October 5, 2008

One Day I Slowly Floated Away...

So... I leave for New York Friday and I'm totally stoked! I can't wait. I need to get away... I'm going with my mom and Aunt Frances and we're staying at The Wellington. I think it's going to be way above my coolness level... haha

God has been just totally amazing... Well, He's always amazing, but it's just been really cool the past couple weeks at school. He just always has my back and helps me out when I don't even deserve it! He totally makes me smile. :) Bro. John said something in our leaders' meeting this morning that I'd never really thought of quite like this and it blew me away! He was talking about how God knows everything and He knows every thought and action of every person in the past. Every single thing that has ever happened. And! He knows every single word that anyone will ever speak, every thought, every decision that someone makes. He knows it all! How big of a God is that! Bro. John was also talking about how immeasurable He is and His characteristics/attributes cannot be measured. His presence is also inescapable. God is so big and so amazing! It just shows how worthy of praise and surrender He is. I've struggled this week with just being lonely. God is really bringing me through some stuff and I'm so grateful! I just have to keep my focus on Him. It's the only thing that I can do. Focus on Him and look ahead. If there's one aspect of God that means the most to me, it's His faithfulness. He is always faithful to me. I have to remember that and trust Him.

Some verses to ponder:
Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life. Put away from you a deceitful mouth and put devious speech far from you. Let your eyes look directly ahead and let your gaze be fixed straight in front of you. Watch the path of your feet and all your ways will be established. Do not turn to the right nor to the left; turn your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:23-27

I absolutely love my seventh grade girls. I feel like I'm really starting to get to know them better and they are so precious! They are the greatest! Just thought I'd share that... haha

What else... Hmmm... I miss pleasure reading... I've been so busy lately that I've neglected my dear books... It's quite tragic. :( Maybe I can fit some in over fall break... Maybe...

Here's a picture from my babysitting adventures... I think one of the reasons I love babysitting is that I get to expend all of my energy! I can be crazy with the kids and they don't care! haha Any who know me can understand this I'm sure...


1 comment:

Adam Robinson said...

you and that kid look like you're up to no good...no good at all!