Saturday, October 20, 2012

Thankful

My posts become more and more infrequent...  And as they do, the gaps between become harder and harder to bridge.  Life. is. crazy.  And sometimes...  it scares me.  I feel like every couple years I go back to square one.  And I have to do a reassessment.  I have to ask myself, "What are you doing?  What is most important?  What are the fundamentals of your life?  Where are you going from here?"  Those aren't easy questions.  But they are necessary ones.  If I can't answer those questions, if I can't answer my fears and doubts...  my life, my faith...  is only paper thin.  Each time we answer, we build on our foundation.  I am so much stronger than where I was a year ago, 3 years ago, 5 years ago....  Thank you Father for bringing me to where I am and please shine your light on this place.

Things I'm thankful for...  Soul music.  Beauty of the woods in fall.  My family.  Salsa dancing.  Peace.  Coffee.  The rich, exquisite sound of a piano well played.  Books.  The warmth of a fire.  My eyesight.  That life only has to be as complicated as you make it.  Love.

No comments: